Making a claim

Contact usSubmit a claim

If you have experienced loss or damage due to a supply quality incident, you can make a claim.

As your electrical distributor, we’re obligated to provide a quality supply of electricity including providing voltage within the levels set out in the Electrical Distribution Code of Practice.

We’re committed to provide a safe and reliable electricity supply, but unexpected events can result in supply quality incidents, like voltage variations. Voltage variations can occur during:

  • A power surge – rapid increase in voltage above the set levels
  • A brown out – reduced voltage below the set levels.

You may be entitled to make a claim if there is damage to your equipment or property as a result of a voltage variation event. To help you through this process, this page outlines what’s required to make a claim.

Before you claim: important information

Compensation available to you

We, alongside all other Victorian distributors, assess claims in line with the Electricity Distribution Code of Practice, Schedule 4.

Where direct property damage occurs as a result of a voltage variation event, compensation may be offered for the repair or replacement value of an appliance.

Compensation does not cover consequential loss. Consequential losses refer to losses that aren’t directly related to an unauthorised voltage variation, including business and food loss.

Starting a claim: what's needed

1. Your details
  • Incident and postal address
  • Email and phone contact
  • NMI number associated with the incident address (optional)

Tracking your claim

  • Once your claim has been received, we will review our systems and consult with other business areas as part of our investigation.
  • On average, it takes 15 business days to investigate a claim, but complex claims may take longer.
  • If your claim is eligible, we’ll email you with an offer.
  • We understand that sometimes the outcome may not meet your expectations. If you believe there are other factors we should consider which were not previously provided, you can request a review.

Ready to start your claim?

Claims are made via myEnergy. Login or register and select 'customer resolution centre' to start your claim.

Documents and resources